CHICAGO-60611, IL, US
Infinity Consulting Solutions, Inc
To manage and maintain all components of virtual environments to insure maximum uptime. Infrastructure team member whose responsibilities include installing, diagnosing, repairing, maintaining, and upgrading all server & storage hardware and software to insure optimal performance for our virtual environment.
The person will also document and troubleshoot problem areas in a timely and accurate fashion, and provide end-user assistance where required
Essential Job Duties
• Manage VDI, VMware Server, and Storage infrastructure for all environments, including but not limited to production, lab, and test.
• Installation of equipment in datacenters.
• Monitoring of all processes running within the virtualization environment.
• Manage Backup platform including backup of virtual and physical servers as well as data stored remotely (commvault and netbackup),
• Responding to issues involving systems managed by the VSD Team.
• Keeping systems up to date and secure.
• Testing and implementing new software and hardware.
• Project based implementation and deployment.
• Assess the need for and implement performance upgrades to systems.
• Receive and respond to incoming calls, pages, and/or e-mails regarding all infrastructure problems.
• Accurately document instances of infrastructure server component failure, repair, installation, and removal.
• Perform capacity planning, diagnostics, performance tuning, and monitoring of all components in physical and virtual environment.
• Manage the flow of hardware in and out of the Datacenters, making sure that Datacenter inventory and capacity is accurate.
• Be able to write and modify power shell scripts to automate system management tasks.
• A high level of expertise in hardware including understanding all aspects from power on to power off.
• The ability to figure out solutions to problems via standard and non-standard methods.
• High level scripting in multiple languages to be able to create and debug scripts to perform job functions.
• Organized and methodical testing skills.
• Strong written and oral communication skills.
• Hands-on hardware troubleshooting experience.
• Able to read and understand technical manuals, procedural documentation, and guides.
• Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
• Bachelors degree in computer science or equivalent experience.
Contract To Hire
1350 Broadway, Suite 2205,
NEW YORK-10018, NY,