COLUMBUS-43204, OH, US
Python or R
Strong communicator with experience presenting findings to senior leaders
Track record with at least one of the following: optimization, artificial intelligence/ML, geospatial data analysis, advanced data visualization/dashboarding, Hadoop/spark
Bonus consideration for previous Utilities experience
1) Expertise with analytic software packages such as SAS, R, SPSS
2) Expertise with database concepts and practices
3) Established leader in working in a collaborative, team oriented environment
4) Ability to apply strong analytical and complex problem solving and critical thinking skills
5) Excellent oral and written communication skills.
6) Willingness for occasional travel
Develop advanced analytical tools to solve high-value business problems across AEP
Proficiently utilize analytical tools and data management skills to provide actionable business intelligence.
Ensure pertinent data is acquired to solve business problems.
Develop predictive and prescriptive systems to optimize operations and support strategic initiatives.
Apply data visualization tools to large data sets to enhance data understanding.
Perform research to keep abreast of industry practices and participate in industry forums.
Maintain relationship with business unit partners to guide identification, prioritization, and development of actionable, insight providing studies across a variety of core business areas.
Maintain an ongoing collaborative relationship with business partners.
Evaluate business unit partner needs and provide guidance as to the value additional analyses could provide.
Provide collaboration and oversight for outsourced studies.
Participate in development of scientific studies which provide measurement and evidence of business value achieved.
Provide meaningful, concise reporting of analytic study results.
Develop concise meaningful written reports and provide oral presentation of information to business partners and management.
Track study progress and provide management with study status reports.
1) Master's degree or higher in mathematics, operations research, applied statistics, data mining, data science or a related quantitative discipline
2) Expertise in working with large data environments, such as Hadoop
3) Experience with reporting tools such as Cognos or Tableau.